Welcome to Computer Science & Engineering (CSE):
Samskruti College of Engineering and Technology (SCET) began The Department of Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) in the year 2005, its own founding year with an intake of 60 and enhanced to 120 in 2007. SCET takes care to maximize the learning opportunities by keeping up-to-date and continuous with highly qualified and richly experienced faculty to meet the present requirement at global scenario. Computer Science and Engineering offers exciting, intellectually challenging, and rapidly growing career opportunities.
The two year M.Tech course has been started in 2010 with Computer Science Engineering as specialization with an intake of 36 students.
The Department of CSE in Samskruti, with its cohesive team of faculty members, imparts education to bachelors (B.Tech- Computer Science Engineering) and masters (M.Tech – Computer Science Engineering) candidates in its discipline. We update our self regularly to keep up with the growing demands and changing trends of the software industry and the research laboratories. It also provides an outstanding research environment complemented by superior teaching for its students to flourish in. The department regularly organizes seminars, workshops, and guest lecturers for the students. Faculty development programs are organized for faculty to promote high standards in technical education. The teaching staff members are dedicated and determined to learn new things and never hesitate to give their best all the time. Department has 5 computer centers for UG students, 1 exclusive center for P.G students and 1 Elite Research and Development center apart from labs provided for other branches. All the computers in computer centers are connected via LAN. The department enforced association with professional societies like IEEE, CSI, INTEL etc.
“Achieve academic excellence through education in computing and create intellectual, professional manpower to explore higher educational, research and social opportunities”.
“We aspire to be the leader in the country in the field of Technical education and research involving Computer Science and Engineering to produce globally competent professionals contributing to maintain India’s elite position on the globe.”
“To impart learning by educating students with social awareness, conceptual knowledge and hands on practices using modern tools and competency skills there by igniting the young minds for innovative thinking, professional expertise and research.”
“To Provide high quality computer education in both the theoretical and applications of Computer Science and Engineering. Train the student effectively to apply coding and programming skills to solve real-world problems”.
Why CSE @ Samskruti:
When you join CSE at Samskruti, the first thing you will observe is the efficient faculty, who explain the topics in the most understandable manner in the classroom. The result is you will understand the concepts in detail, and get well versed with the subject.
After the classroom sessions, you will be guided towards the computer laboratories, where you will implement the theoretical aspects. The highlight of these labs is the advanced computers, which are even capable of handling applications with high graphic usage. So, you can do practicals of any kind without any limitations.
• Quality Instruction: To assure consistently high-quality instruction in all modes of delivery.
• Student Success: To work collaboratively with other areas of the colleges to encourage students to achieve their educational goals and succeed in work and/or continued education.
• Program and Curricular: To develop, market and maintain quality programs that are responsive to the needs of our service area.
• Technology: To employ appropriate technologies effectively to enhance instruction and student learning.
• Professional Development: To foster continuing education and professional development for faculty and staff.
Programme Educational Objectives :
• To prepare the students for successful careers in Information Technology industry.
• To develop the ability among the students to analyze data and technical concepts for software design and development.
• To provide opportunity for students to work as part of teams on the forefront areas.
• Graduates will be prepared for a successful career in Computer Science discipline and related industry to meet the needs of the nation and leading industries and also to excel in Postgraduate programs.
• To provide the students to be successful in gaining admission to a postgraduate program and obtaining their desired degree.
• To motivate the students to serve the society in a better and meaningful way by applying technical knowledge.
• Graduates will continue to learn and apply the acquired knowledge to solve engineering problems and appreciation of the arts, humanities and social sciences.
• Graduates will understand professional and ethical responsibility, develop leadership, utilize membership opportunities, develop effective communication skills , teamwork skills, multidisciplinary approach and life-long learning required for a successful professional career.
Program Outcomes of CSE:
1. Ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering.
2. Ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
3. Ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability.
4. Ability to function on multi-disciplinary teams.
5. Ability to identify , formulates, and solve engineering problems
6. Understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
7. Ability to communicate effectively.
8. Broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context.
9. Recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning.
10. Knowledge of contemporary issues.
11. Ability to utilize experimental, statistical and computational methods and tools necessary for engineering practice.
12. Ability to create and or use Computer Science and Engineering related software tools, to get employment and succeed in higher studies.
Scope of Job:
Career in IT is considered one of the most high-paying jobs and is full of opportunities; particularly when India’s prowess in information technology industry is recognized across the globe. The pool of talented computer engineers working in IT companies of the USA and Canada shows that IT can take a person to higher levels. Numerous IT Companies from India employ huge number of computer professionals in their Indian and Overseas Offices.
The department has well equipped and spacious laboratories with modern high-end computers to conduct the following practical courses as part of JNTUH University curriculum. Department of CSE has a total of 5 well established Laboratories. The labs are equipped with all the advanced software’s and latest computer systems. Student-to-computer ratio of 1:1 is maintained to facilitate easy access and availability of more time to students to practice in the laboratories. All the labs are connected with internet.
List of Laboratories:
- Computer Programming Laboratory.
- IT workshop Laboratory.
- Data Structure Laboratory.
- Database Management System Laboratory.
- Data Mining Laboratory.
- Web Designing Laboratory.
- Operating System Laboratory.
- Networks Laboratory.
- Linux Programming Laboratory.
- Web Services / Web Technologies Laboratory.
- Case Tools Laboratory.
- Object Oriented and Programming Laboratory.
- System Software Laboratory.
- Compiler Laboratory.