Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC)
Samskruti College of Engineering and Technology, is poised to grow with built-in quality systems in all processes of the Institution. Maintaining the momentum of quality consciousness is crucial in Academic Institutions. Internal Quality Assurance Cell, in fact, is conceived as a mechanism to build and ensure a quality culture at the institutional level. The internal quality assurance mechanism of any institution called as “Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC)” is meant for planning, guiding and monitoring Quality Assurance and Quality Enhancement activities of the same.
The NAAC proposes that every accredited Institution should establish an Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) as a post-accreditation quality sustenance measure. Since quality enhancement is a continuous process, the IQAC will become a part of an Institution’s system and work towards realizing the goals of quality enhancement and sustenance.
- To develop a quality system for conscious, consistent and catalytic programmed action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the Institute
- To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for the various academic and administrative activities of the Institute
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive for quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process
- Arrangement for feedback responses from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes
- Dissemination of information on the various quality parameters of higher education
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles
- Documentation of the various programmes/activities of the Institute, leading to quality improvement
- Acting as a nodal agency of the Institute for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of good practices
- Development and maintenance of Institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining /enhancing the institutional quality
- Development of Quality Culture in Institute
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) of the Institute based on the quality parameters/assessment criteria developed by the relevant quality assurance body in the prescribed format
- Bi-annual development of Quality Radars (QRs) and Ranking of Integral Units of Institute based on the AQAR
The IQAC has evolved mechanisms and procedures for ensuring the following:
- Timely, efficient and progressive performance of academic, administrative and financial tasks.
- The relevance and quality of academic and research programmes.
- Equitable access to and affordability of academic programmes for students
- Optimization and integration of modern methods of teaching and learning.
- The credibility of evaluation procedures.
- The adequacy, maintenance and proper allocation of support structure and services.
- Research sharing and networking with other institutions in India and abroad.
Benefits of IQAC:
- Ensure heightened level of clarity and focus in institutional functioning towards quality enhancement
- Ensure internalization of the quality culture
- Ensure enhancement and integration among the various activities of the institution and institutionalize good practices
- Provide a sound basis for decision-making to improve institutional functioning
- Act as a dynamic system for quality changes in the Institute
- Build an organized methodology of documentation and internal communication.